Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Dad's Surprise Party

Imagine with me if you will that it's October 2012.....Perfect.  Now these aren't two months late in being posted.

We traveled back to Indiana in late October for a surprise retirement party for my dad.  After many years of single-handedly keeping the entire pharmaceutical business running, and developing many innovative ideas for commercials for sexual enhancement drugs (long story, alcohol was involved (duh), my dad claimed to be the brains behind the Lilly commercial where two people are relaxing in separate bath tubs and advertising a male enhancement drug; I don't understand why being in separate bath tubs is a good advertisement for said drug, but that's another story for another day), my dad threw in the towel.  So we came to celebrate him with lots of his friends.  Ty's parents were also able to drive to Indy for the weekend so they got to participate in the festivities as well.  We all wore red for Wisconsin (Bonnie even wore a Bucky shirt in place of her traditional Ohio State attire.  These are the depths of her respect and love for my parents).

We didn't get a ton of photos simply because it's difficult to hold beer, a child, and a camera.  And we certainly weren't putting down our beers.
My dad was continually surprised that people he knew came to his party.  I guess that's the point?
My mom, Carter and my parent's friend from college
My neighbor from growing up and her husband.  They graciously hosted us the night before the party so we didn't spoil the surprise for my dad.  
Nothing is better than drinking and driving with your grandpa.
The day after the party, we relaxed at my parent's house and enjoyed some beautiful fall weather.  The boys had never played in leaves before, so it was a big day.

Uncertain about this Midwesternness
Equally uncertain

The boys really enjoyed relaxing in Grandpa's recliner.  Ty now has claimed that not only he wants a recliner, but the boys do as well.  I may need some more estrogen in my house.


Spontaneous displays of affection were abundant that weekend
In the airport, ready to head back to Texas after a great weekend.  Anderson loves his Grandma.  Carter is ambivalent about his mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment