Thursday, June 9, 2011

Carter had a rough day yesterday.  He threw up after his 11am feeding.  The nurses weren't sure what had caused it, so they took some x-rays and everything looked fine.  They believe it might have been the extra vitamins, iron and fortifier in his milk at that feeding.  He also had some blood in his diaper, so the doctor took a look and found a small tear on his bottom.  While I am sure this is uncomfortable for him, it'll heal quickly and they were very glad it wasn't something that was bleeding internally.  With all of this going on, he didn't gain any weight yesterday, but he also did not lose any.  He is still holding steady at 2lb.  He is getting 17cc (a little over half an ounce) of breast milk at each feeding and two packets of growth fortifier.  I visited him this morning and he seemed like he was having a better day than yesterday.

Anderson continues to do well.  He gained weight again and now weighs 3lb, 1oz.  He is getting 25cc of breast milk at each feeding and the growth fortifier.  He is still doing well with his breathing, so we are just waiting for him to gain weight and regulate his own temperature.  

To give a face to go with these updates:
 Meet Anderson.  This is one of the few times he was actually happy sleeping on his back.  He likes the tummy much better. As you may notice, the 17oz difference in weight between he and his brother is noticeable.  :)
And this is Carter.  This is the face he made when we told him he only weighed 1lb 10oz when he was born.  We were amazed too little buddy.  


3 comments:

  1. Thanks to you and Ty for creating this blog. I feel as if I am close to you and the babies without burdening you with too much company. I am in CA, just had knee surgery yesterday, but will be back in Texas on the 21st. If you need anything I am available when I return. That includes my famous cookies! Thinking of you and sending good thoughts and prayers your way. Much love to you all and can't wait to met the "boys"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog, I'm going to be checking daily :) love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Megan and Ty, I saw the link to your blog on my facebook, your boys are so precious! Congrats to you both and my prayers are with you and your new family. - Carolyn

    ReplyDelete